[Printing] Master Yoda with chin support (part 1)
Hi guys. Did you have a great weekend? Well, I did, as you can see, with Master Yoda haha
The model is provided by NickRBrewer [http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:48060], as a remixed of chylid's model. Applause to them :)
This one run on standard profile, 10% fill, 1 shell, 0.2mm layers, standard speed 60-80 mm/s. No raft and color-matched support. Took 2.5 hrs.
What happened was: my right nozzle is slightly lower than my left nozzle as machine faulty (and I was printing by left one), it kept hitting on the layers on the right side. So about 30% of printing process, the support of left ear got knocked off, leaving that ear printed without support. (Besides, all the support layers stuck on like Yoda’s facial hair, looked pretty funny indeed.) As a result, the two ears were very different in consistency (as you see in the close ups, right ear on the left and left ear on the right).
Moving on to the front support. Personally I didn’t think they were all necessary since the chin support (from the model) and the ‘raft’ support (generated by Makerware) were sort of overlapping. In addition, they left some marks on the chin and quite messy where the support broke off. I’ve seen someone else said that he could print with no support and it was fine, on a different printer though. You may try that too.
Overall, I think it was an ok print. Good to see Master Yoda in tangible form :)
I’ll bring you more story on Master Yoda next time. For now, need to get ready for a new week. Good night ^_^
PS: this is irrelevant to this blog, but camellias and magnolias are in full (amazing) bloom in Melbourne now. Enjoy August if you’re in town :)